2017-10-14 • Saturday Matinée
Harvey Weinstein shot himself in the foot with an egomaniacal sexually predatory torpedo. Yes, we talk about the status of the Weinstein company. But it’s not all heavy, we promise. We talk Blade Runner 2049and how people should see it before it leaves the theater. Box office is a bit dry this week and even though It is still performing, Happy Death Dayis on track to lead the week. Steve wins the Red-Band-Rule lottery and we’ve got nine movies that showcase a rebooted character that’s worth seeing!
- Andy’s Trailer: Roman J. Israel, ESQ.
- Pete’s Trailer: X-Men: The New Mutants
- Steve’s Trailer: Thoroughbreds
THE LIST!: Actors playing the rebooted rolls of themselves.
- Danny Ocean — Ocean’s Eleven 1960 & Ocean’s Eleven 2001
- Juror #8 — 12 Angry Men 1957 & 12 Angry Men 1997
- Freddy Benson — Bedtime Story 1964 & Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Next Week’s List: Non-sensical use of technology to fill a hole in the plot.