When to Stop Trying with Someone with a High Conflict Personality
Interactions and life with someone with a high conflict personality can be trying. Some will keep trying until they’re completely burned out while others give up quickly.
How can you know when to stop trying? Is it when you find yourself in depression? Banging your head on the wall out of frustration? Over-reacting outside your norm? When you feel like giving up, giving in, or lashing out?
In this episode, Bill and Megan discuss the options that each individual can explore when encountering these types of interactions and relationships.
Links & Other Notes
Our website: https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/
Submit a Question for Bill and Megan
All of our books can be found in our online store or anywhere books are sold, including as e-books.
You can also find these show notes at our site as well.
Note: We are not diagnosing anyone in our discussions, merely discussing patterns of behavior.
- (00:00) – Welcome to It’s All Your Fault
- (01:02) – When to Stop Trying with HCPs
- (10:34) – When You’re Working Harder Than Your Client
- (14:14) – When Else to Stop Trying
- (19:13) – Last Tip
- (21:37) – Reminders & Coming Next Week: Bill’s High Conflict Personality Theory