Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Karen Wu, a leading authority on cause marketing law at Perlman & Perlman, about the 10 Commandments of Cause Marketing Law, a new infographic from Selfish Giving and Perlman & Perlman.
This graphic will help cause marketers stay on the right side of the law!
Megan, Karen, and Joe discuss these ten commandments:
- Thou shalt comply with the law.
- Thou shalt not mislead.
- Thou shalt clearly state donation amount.
- Thou shalt meet Better Business Bureau Standard #19.
- Thou shalt register/file, if required.
- Thou shalt enter into a written agreement.
- Thou shalt avoid unintended endorsements.
- Thou shalt be aware of UBIT.
- Thou shalt not wait until the last minute.
- Thou shalt seek advice from good advisors.
Links & Notes
- 10 Commandments of Cause Marketing Law Infographic
- Karen Wu, Perlman & Perlman, LLP
- Transparency & Cause Marketing: 5 Best Practices — NY Attorney General Guidelines
- Karen Wu’s Articles on Cause Marketing Law in The Nonprofit Times
Cause Talk Radio: The Cause Marketing Podcast
Stay up to date on all things corporate social impact and purpose-focused marketing, including trends, tactics, and need-to-know news in this weekly podcast.