Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Crayton Webb, Vice President, Corporate Communications & CSR for Mary Kay, about the cosmetic giant’s Don’t Look Away campaign which works to educate the public on recognizing the signs of an abusive relationship, how to take action and to raise awareness for support services.
To date, Mary Kay and The Mary Kay Foundation have given $50 million to domestic violence prevention and awareness programs in an effort to end the cycle of abuse.
On the show, Megan, Crayton and Joe discuss:
- How Don’t Look Away’s mission to stop abuse got started 22 years ago with Mary Kay’s founder.
- How Mary Kay launched a video series to educate women about abusive relationships and how to get themselves or the people they love out of violent relationships.
- The challenge companies have adopting causes that people don’t like talking about.
- How educated consumers are about authentic partnerships and want companies to be leaders on their chosen issue.
- The business benefits of Don’t Look Away. “If we’re not making money, we can’t give any money away.”
- How Mary Kay activates its salesforce around cause campaigns. One of those programs is Lobbying for Good, when sales people lobby their state legislatures for legislation and funding for violence prevention programs.
- How Mary Kay is using cause marketing to stay current and relevant with Millennials and Gen Z.
- How is the Don’t Look Away program is executed in countries that have different attitudes about women and abuse.
- How Mary Kay is measuring their impact and success.
Links & Notes