Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Steve Spangler — America’s Science Teacher — about Fueling Education, a CITGO program in partnership with National School Supply, We Are Teachers, and Steve Spangler that offers educators a chance to win up to $5,000 in school supplies as well as STEM-teaching workshops.
On the show, Megan, Steve and Joe discuss:
- How Steve got involved with CITGO’s Fueling Education program. The focus is on professional development of teachers to make science fun (again!) for them and their students.
- How most STEM education programs focus on students when teachers deserve as much or more attention!
- The importance of STEM to CITGO – who needs a workforce of scientists and engineers.
- How Fueling Education gives teachers what they want and need: time to learn, develop and recharge their love for teaching.
- How other businesses (e.g. Pizza Hut, H&R Block) launch and use educational training in the classroom and how it could be enhanced with professional development for teachers.
- How the Fueling Education program builds a connection between teachers and CITGO scientists – and Steve is the “science communicator” between the two.
- The business benefit of Fueling Education to CITGO. Is CITGO teaching and grooming tomorrow’s scientists and engineers?
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!