Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Laura Swapp, Director of Public Affairs & Next Gen Marketing at REI, about an ambitious new campaign called Force of Nature.
The goal of Force of Nature is a total disruption of the dominance of male imagery, heroes, and stories as “masters of the outdoors.” Force of Nature seeks to reclaim the outdoors for women of all ages, races, sizes, and gender expressions.
On the show, Megan, Laura, and Joe discuss:
- The background of the Force of Nature. How it got started.
- The four components of Force of Nature.
- Why REI decided not only to focus on gender but age, race, and size as well.
- The key role that storytelling and content is playing in Force of Nature.
- How 1,000+ events are engaging consumers in Force of Nature.
- How REI plans to close the “gear gap” between men and women’s gear.
- REI has committed a million dollars to support community organizations that help women and girls, what’s the end goal of REI’s investments?
- What kind of challenges and bumps has REI faced in developing and executing Force of Nature.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!