Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Karen Wu, a leading authority on cause marketing law at Perlman & Perlman, about the 10 Commandments of Cause Marketing Law, a new infographic from Selfish Giving and Perlman & Perlman.
This graphic will help cause marketers stay on the right side of the law!
Megan, Karen, and Joe discuss these ten commandments:
- Thou shalt comply with the law.
- Thou shalt not mislead.
- Thou shalt clearly state donation amount.
- Thou shalt meet Better Business Bureau Standard #19.
- Thou shalt register/file, if required.
- Thou shalt enter into a written agreement.
- Thou shalt avoid unintended endorsements.
- Thou shalt be aware of UBIT.
- Thou shalt not wait until the last minute.
- Thou shalt seek advice from good advisors.
Links & Notes
- 10 Commandments of Cause Marketing Law Infographic
- Karen Wu, Perlman & Perlman, LLP
- Transparency & Cause Marketing: 5 Best Practices — NY Attorney General Guidelines
- Karen Wu’s Articles on Cause Marketing Law in The Nonprofit Times
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!