A Cause Marketing Vet Dishes on Social Good at Big Agencies
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to a true cause marketing superstar: Scott Beaudoin. Scott is a veteran of many top cause campaigns and agencies and was recently named the chief strategy officer and executive managing director of corporate and brand purpose at RF|Binder, a full-service public relations agency in New York City.
On today’s show, Megan, Scott and Joe discuss:
- How Scott got his cause marketing start with Carol Cone, but his roots were in TV reporting.
- While Scott has worked at some larger agencies – like MSLGROUP, the fourth largest PR conglomerate in the world – his new position is with a smaller agency that prizes the central role purpose plays for every organization.
- The business case for working with agencies focused on social good. While many agencies have touched some part of cause marketing, only a few know how to work at the c-suite and use purpose to drive business innovation.
- How slow growth at most agencies is squeezing talent and resources and hampering social good strategy.
- How Millennials are leading the purpose revolution.
- Is “Cause Marketing” the right term for what purpose professionals do? Does it need to be retired?
- Scott’s advice for nonprofits who want to build win-win partnerships. The right mindset is critical!
Links & Notes
- Scott Beaudoin on Twitter
- Cause Talk Radio 50: New PurPle Index Tracks Corporate Purpose, Participation and Performance
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!