Planet Fitness Battles Bullying Outside Gyms with ‘Judgement Free Generation’
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to McCall Gosselin, Vice President of Public Relations at Planet Fitness, about the launch of its first national cause initiative. Building off its Judgment Free Zone policies, Planet Fitness created a pro-kindness, anti-bullying movement called The Judgement Free Generation through a partnership with STOMP Out Bullying and Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
On the show, Megan, McCall and Joe discuss:
- How The Judgement Free Generation got started. Planet fitness had supported local causes before, but never at a national level.
- How Planet Fitness wants to extend its encouragement culture and no-intimidation policy to teens outside the gym.
- How Planet Fitness plans to raise $1.3 million for STOMP and BGCA, and how they are working with the two charities on the gym-level.
- How Planet Fitness is engaging employees and customers in the campaign – and how the fitness chain effectively communicates with stakeholders at 1,500 locations.
- The business case for cause marketing. Does it drive memberships?
- What Planet Fitness has learned from launching their very first cause marketing program. What could they do better?
- What’s next for Planet Fitness? Are they planning additional cause marketing programs?
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!