How This Pet Hospital Chain Used POS to Raise $2.5 Million for Charity
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Kim Van Syoc, Executive Director at the Banfield Foundation. about the organization’s successes and challenges in the first year of operation.
The Banfield Foundation was founded in 2015 by Banfield Pet Hospital (BPH), which operates more than 950 pet clinics, mostly located in PetSmart stores across the country.
On the show, Megan, Kim and Joe discuss:
- Joe introduces Megan and Kim to the elusive “cockerdoodle”! (See below)
- How the Banfield Foundation got started in 2015 and its close alignment with BPH’s CSR mission.
- How the Foundation is funded. Primary funder are customers who give at the register. They gave $2.5 million over the past year!
- What the Foundation learned from its partner, PetSmart, and its charitable giving program.
- The Foundation’s funding of 150 nonprofits over the past year, and which types of pet issues they focus on.
- How the Foundation’s pinpad program works at BPH, and the key role employees have played in the success of the program.
- Some of the challenges the Foundation faced the first year.
- How the Foundation is telling its story for maximum impact with Stories of Impact.
- Other corporate partnerships the Foundation is considering.
- The Foundation’s goals for 2017.
<img src="http://static1.squarespace.com/static/544c0352e4b0cfe048fc40a2/54cad5d3e4b04c8e2a3ad662/57f31c19cd0f68202b344068/1475550238491//img.jpg" alt=" The elusive Cockerdoodle "/> The elusive Cockerdoodle
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!