Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Alison McArthur, Community Achieves Coordinator for Metro Nashville Public Schools about the The Whirlpool Care Counts laundry program.
Whirlpool is fighting against education inequality by installing washers and dryers in schools to remove this barrier to attendance, and give students the confidence they need and deserve to get through class each day.
￼On the show, Megan and Joe discuss:
- How the Whirlpool Care Counts laundry program got started in Nashville schools.
- The little-known problem of children missing school because they don’t have clean clothes.
- How the program works in three Nashville schools.
- How the schools create a welcoming atmosphere for families so that they use the laundry center.
- The emphasis on collecting data so that Whirlpool and the schools know the program is working.
- How the program might expand in Nashville and across the country.
- How the program supports Whirlpool’s business objectives.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!