How Subaru Is Rooting For The Underdog And Impacting Pets Nationwide
For more than 20 years, Subaru has supported pet-focused organizations that seek to improve the health and well-being of animals. With 68% of Subaru owners owning a pet and 50% of those having at least one dog, pets are a major pillar for Subaru. Through the Subaru Loves Pets initiative, Subaru has impacted more than 250,000 pets.
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Bridget Hanrahan, Associate Director of Marketing Operations, and Liz Edelen, Subaru’s Love Promise Community Commitment Manager to talk about Subaru Loves Pets Month (October) and National Make A Dog’s Day (October 22).
Tune into today’s episode to hear all about:
The Subaru Loves Pets initiative and how it ladders up to their larger Subaru Love Promise
- What National Make A Dog’s Day is and how it began
- How they engage their employees around this pillar
- Their focus on supporting underdogs
- How their October 2020 Subaru retailer adoption events resulted in the adoptions of nearly 20,000 animals
- Their advice for creating your own awareness month or cornerstone day
Links & Notes
- Subaru Website
- Subaru Love Promise
- Subaru Loves Pets
- Subaru Facebook
- Subaru Instagram
- Subaru Twitter
- (00:00) – Welcome to Cause Talk Radio
- (03:02) – Subaru Loves Pets
- (05:32) – National Make-a-Dog’s Day
- (12:37) – Following the Lead of Stakeholders
- (14:36) – Employee Engagement
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!