IBM recently announced a massive initiative to skill 30 million people globally by 2030. To find out what that means, how they plan to do it and what work they’ve already been doing in this space Engage for Good’s Alli Murphy chats with Justina Nixon-Saintil, VP and Global Head of Corporate Social Responsibility at IBM, and Natasha Young, Director of Strategic Partnerships at MDR – an agency of marketing experts who’ve been connecting educators and brands for 50 years.
MDR and IBM’s partnership started at the beginning of the pandemic when schools were closing, jobs were in jeopardy and people were wondering how they were going to teach their kids and keep or pivot their own jobs. The foundation of this partnership is IBM SkillsBuild – a platform that offers kids, teachers and adults free learning, support and resources around STEM and new collar skills.
Tune into today’s episode to learn all about:
- Justina’s top 3 lessons learned during her tenure at IBM
- Natasha’s advice for driving social impact at scale
- What IBM SkillsBuild is and how the organizations work together
- How MDR’s WeAreTeachers network of three million active teachers enables IBM to drive change in the education channel
- How IBM is developing talent pipelines across a variety of programs
- The importance of selecting the right partner – experts in that field who also have mission alignment
Links & Notes
Elevate Your Social Impact
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!