How eBay Helps Small Business Survive & Thrive Online with Rebecca Michals
When the pandemic first hit, small businesses took a huge blow with many being forced to shutter their doors.
In response, Engage for Good sponsor, eBay, stepped in to help tens of thousands of these small businesses get “Up and Running” online through their platform, providing tremendous support to convert brick and mortar stores to accessible, online ones.
They also developed the Up & Running Grants program which gave 50 grantees $10,000 apiece, as well as mentorship and resources in collaboration with business accelerator Hello Alice.
After a wildly successful first year of the program, the eBay team decided to run it again.
This year, the second annual small business support program marks $1 million in total investment for grant winners. In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Rebecca Michals, Director of Community & Engagement at eBay.
Tune into today’s episode to learn all about:
- What makes this program so successful for eBay and its sellers
- What the company learned from last year’s group of grantees
- Trends Rebecca and her team are seeing from this year’s applicant group
- Success stories from past recipients
- What’s on the horizon for eBay and the Up & Running Grants Program
Links & Notes
Elevate Your Social Impact
- Sign up for Engage for Good’s newsletter
- Check out past Cause Talk Radio episodes
- Access free resources
- Check out our monthly webinars
- Let Alli know what you think of the show!
- (00:00) – Welcome to Cause Talk Radio
- (00:58) – Introducing Ebay’s Rebecca Michals
- (02:21) – The Up and Running Program
- (04:53) – The “For Profit” Cause Paradox
- (06:01) – Lessons Learned
- (09:43) – Evolution for 2021
- (12:05) – Hello Alice
- (12:35) – This Year’s Grants
- (17:16) – What Makes eBay Special?
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!