Subaru and TerraCycle Are Keeping PPE Out Of Landfills (And You Should, Too!)
With all of us wearing masks and gloves nearly every time we leave our homes due to the COVID pandemic, what’s the environmental impact of all this PPE?
As you can imagine, it’s NOT GOOD – particularly given these items are now considered contaminants and not recyclable through local recyclers.
In this episode of Cause Talk Radio, Megan talks to Kyle Riggs, North American Account Director, Zero Waste for TerraCycle, and Amy Strawbridge, Brand Partnerships & Experiential Marketing Manager for Subaru about their partnership that’s working to help Subaru and its customers recycle this PPE.
You’ll be amazed at how TerraCycle takes items like gloves and disposable masks and converts them into useful materials in a way that keeps these items OUT of landfills.
Amy also catches us up on the other incredible social impact programs Subaru has rolled out since COVID hit and Kyle gives us an update on how TerraCycle is keeping busy helping companies and schools keep recycling – even if they’re stuck at home.
Links & Notes
- (00:00) – Welcome to Cause Talk Radio
- (00:36) – Subaru and TerraCycle Are Keeping PPE Out Of Landfills
- (02:02) – Amy Strawbridge • Subaru
- (02:59) – Kyle Riggs • TerraCycle
- (03:45) – What is this program?
- (12:41) – What happens to PPE when it enters the recycling channel?
- (15:10) – TerraCycle and the “Box on Every Corner”
- (16:50) – What is Subaru up to this COVID season?
- (19:28) – TerraCycle Projects
- (22:50) – Learn more
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!