How Newman’s Own Fulfills The Promise To “Give It All Away”
Actor Paul Newman created his eponymous salad dressing in 1982 and pledged to donate all profits to charity – far before most brands had ever heard the term “cause marketing”. Today the Newman’s Own brand boasts a full line of products ranging from salad dressings to fig newtons (Alli’s favorite!) and, to date, has donated more than $550 million to thousands of charities in a variety of cause areas.
In this episode of Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Alli chat with Miriam Nelson, Acting President and CEO of Newman’s Own Foundation about her new role at the Foundation, their focus areas, how Covid-19 has impacted their work and her vision for the future of the Foundation.
Links & Notes
- Newman’s Own Foundation
- Newman’s Own
- Newman’s Own Foundation on Twitter
- Newman’s Own Foundation on Facebook
- Newman’s Own Foundation on Instagram
- 00:00 – Welcome to Cause Talk Radio
- 02:38 – About Newman’s
- 06:29 – About the Foundation
- 09:22 – About Miriam Nelson
- 11:39 – Giving Tuesday
- 13:18 – The Newman’s Own Awards
- 14:58 – Funding Black, Brown, and Indiginous Populations and Organizations that support them
- 17:09 – Visions of the Future
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!