How To Drive Innovation On Your Team And Foster A Culture Of Psychological Safety
In order to grow, advance and stay relevant organizations have to innovate. Which begs the question, “how do we innovate and how do we create teams and cultures where innovation can thrive?”
To answer that, EFG’s Alli Murphy chats with Virginia Martinez.
Virginia and Alli worked together back in their days at UC Berkeley Executive Education where Virginia designed innovation courses for executives from around the world. She then spent five years at IDEO, a global innovation consultancy, where she advised clients on how to create more innovative cultures. Virginia is now the founder of Tenth House Consulting.
She’s helped Amazon, Salesforce, YouTube and Visa become more innovative and today, she’s here to help you drive innovation on your teams.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- The 5 questions to ask yourself and your team as you work to become more innovative
- What makes people 30% less likely to share their ideas (and how to combat this)
- What innovation and creative problem solving have in common
- How to foster a culture of psychological safety
And lots more!
Links & Notes
- Tenth House Consulting
- The Innovation Mindset STRIVE Magazine
- UC Berkeley ExecEd
- Webinar – Successful CSR: Intentional, Purpose-Driven & Mutually Beneficial
Elevate Your Social Impact
- Sign up for Engage for Good’s newsletter
- Check out past Cause Talk Radio episodes
- Access free resources
- Check out our monthly webinars
- Let Alli know what you think of the show!
- (00:00) – Welcome to Engage for Good
- (02:16) – What is Innovation?
- (11:11) – Psychological Safety
- (13:01) – Questions you can ask your teams
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!