How Whirlpool Makes A Difference With House+Home
Around the world today, 1.6 billion people live in substandard housing.
Through House+Home, Whirlpool Corporation’s comprehensive, global approach to corporate social impact, Whirlpool contributes to comfortable and nurturing places to live and supports resilient, thriving and sustainable communities.
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Whirlpool’s Deb O’Connor, Director of Global Corporate Communication and Community Relations, and Rosa Skinner, Corporate Social Responsibility Manager.
The trio talk about the brand’s 23-year partnership with Habitat for Humanity and broader CSR.
Whirlpool has donated over $130 million and over 200,000 ranges and refrigerators to Habitat for Humanity, and the brand’s House+Home World Tour will provide over $6 million to Habitat organizations worldwide this year. The company also has a robust employee engagement program where one in three Whirlpool employees volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and support programs in 45 countries.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- How Whirlpool reenvisioned its global ambassador program
- What support from leadership has looked like
- The BuildBetter with Whirlpool program and how it’s doing more than just providing homes
- How the brand renewed its partnership with Habitat for Humanity
- How they took their volunteering from transactional to transformational
- Deb & Rosa’s advice for building a robust partnership like theirs
Links & Notes
Elevate Your Social Impact
- Sign up for Engage for Good’s newsletter
- Check out past podcast episodes
- Access free resources
- Check out our monthly webinars
- Let Alli know what you think of the show!
- (00:00) – Welcome to Engage for Good
- (01:59) – Introducing Deb O’Connor
- (03:10) – Introducing Rosa Skinner
- (03:54) – What does “House & Home” Mean?
- (04:59) – Exploring the Habitat Partnership
- (08:22) – How has the partnership evolved?
- (11:40) – Renewing Partnership
- (13:30) – How do you activate your employees?
- (16:44) – How do you develop a successful volunteer program?
- (21:01) – Learn More
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!