Leading In Social Impact: Insights From Julie Breckenkamp, VP Of National Strategic Partnerships, CMN Hospitals
This is the final episode of our three-part leadership series, where we bring you insights, tips and stories from three social impact leaders who have made their mark in the business and nonprofit sectors.
- Artis Stevens, President & CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- Kevin Martinez, VP of Corporate Citizenship at ESPN
- Julie Breckenkamp, VP of National Strategic Partnerships at CMN Hospitals
Each of these leaders offers their advice, shares mistakes they’ve made, and discuss how they take care of their well-being and support their teams and what’s on the horizon in our field.
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy chats with Julie Breckenkamp. As VP of National Strategic Partnerships, Julie focuses on strategic direction with her team and partners to deliver over 200 million dollars in corporate fundraising yearly to 170 CMN Hospitals in the US and Canada.
With over 18 years of corporate fundraising experience, Julie is an expert in fundraising growth, strategy, corporate social responsibility and event management. She has created best practices in maximizing partnerships and has grown corporate fundraising at CMN Hospitals each year. She specializes in understanding her partners’ businesses and creating growth opportunities to complement their business goals.
This episode is packed with valuable insights and tips for anyone interested in leadership and social impact!
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- Lessons Julie learned along her leadership journey
- How she focuses on her wellbeing
- The value of watching, listening and learning as a leader
- The Enneagram and how she gets to know her team
- The trends CSR and social impact pros should be paying attention to
- Her advice for those looking to grow in their careers
- What she’ll talk about at #EFG2023
- And so much more!
Links & Notes
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
- Julie Breckenkamp LinkedIn
- Simon Sinek Leadership Quote
- Season 10, Ep21: Why CMN Hospitals Said To Corporate Partners, “Kids Can’t Wait”
Elevate Your Social Impact
- Check out our annual conference!
- Sign up for Engage for Good’s newsletter
- Check out past podcast episodes
- Access free resources
- Check out our monthly webinars
- Let Alli know what you think of the show!
- (00:00) – Welcome to Engage for Good
- (02:22) – Introducing Julie Breckenkamp
- (05:36) – Favorite Mistakes
- (07:55) – Gaining Leadership Buy-in
- (11:01) – The Coming Year
- (14:20) – EFG 2023
- (16:22) – Challenges
- (19:39) – Priorities
- (22:20) – Empowering Staff
- (24:59) – Charting Trends
- (27:58) – Advice
- (30:51) – The Teaming Model
- (32:06) – Important Attributes for Leaders
- (33:34) – Showing Pride
- (35:18) – Learn More
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!