Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Luconda Dager, President of Velvet Ice Cream, about their long-term partnership with Pelotonia, a grassroots bike tour that funds cancer research at The Ohio State University. On the eve of this year’s ride, Pelotonia is working with partners like Velvet Ice Cream to exceed last year’s total of over $24 million raised.
￼On the show, Megan, Luconda and Joe discuss:
- The history of Velvet Ice Cream, its long history of giving and how they got involved with Pelotonia.
- The individuals and companies that power Pelotonia.
- How Velvet’s support for Pelotonia has grown since they got involved in 2008.
- Velvet’s decision to release a new package featuring the Pelotonia logo and to donate 25 cents from the sale of every carton to the nonprofit.
- How consumers and employees have responded to the promotion.
- The need for brands to pivot on their cause promotions.
- How involved was Pelotonia involved in the decision process?
- Future plans for the partnership.
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!