The North Face: ‘Walls are Meant for Climbing’
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and I talk to Ann Krcik, Senior Director of Outdoor Exploration for The North Face, and Adrian Benepe, Senior Vice President for The Trust For Public Land (TPL), about Walls Are Meant For Climbing, a campaign that aims to spark conversation about building trust and community around — and beyond — climbing walls. The partnership also includes a one million dollar donation to TPL!
On the show, Megan, Ann, Adrian, and I discuss:
The goal of Walls Are Meant for Climbing.
- How the partnership between North Face and TPL got started.
- TPL’s focus on corporate partnerships and why North Face is an important partner.
- Why this campaign is perfect for millennials!
- The political riskiness of the campaign and how stakeholders have responded to it.
- How TPL plans to invest the money from the North Face.
- How this campaign is different from other cause-efforts the North Face has participated in.
- How TPL is focused on building a large, engaged online audience.
- Why a big company like North Face would work with a smallish nonprofit like TPL.
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!