Zappos Sponsors Pet Adoptions with ‘Friends on Us Fridays’
Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Steven Bautista, Karma Kommando at Zappos, about Friends on Us Fridays, a new initiative furthering the brand’s commitment to animal advocacy and pet adoption.
Beginning this month, Zappos for Good, in partnership with the North Shore Animal League of America, will sponsor adoptions at select shelters across 15 states and 36 cities every Friday leading up to the launch of the annual Home for the Pawlidayz campaign on Nov. 24th. This means that Zappos will cover all qualifying adoption fees for select shelters each Friday, for both dogs and cats!
On the show, Megan, Steven and I will discuss:
- The background of Zappos for Good and how it got started.
- Why Zappos originally decided to focus on shelter animals and expand the program with Friends on Us Fridays.
- How Zappos got involved with North Shore Animal League of America and what makes for a good nonprofit partner.
- How cause campaigns help Zappos connect with their customers and employees in a unique and positive way.
- How employees are getting involved in the campaign.
- How consumers have responded to the program.
- How Zappos has included merchandise to Friends on Us Fridays and what it’s added to the campaign.
- What other cause-related initiatives Zappos is involved in.
- How Zappos narrowed its cause-focus to two signature programs.
- What lessons Zappos has learned in building a strong purpose brand.
- Will Zappos be selling doggie and kitty shoes any time soon?
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!