Confirmation Bias in High Conflict Situations: How to Avoid Being Fooled by High Conflict People
Have you ever been fooled by someone? Or become passionate about a cause, belief, or opinion that later was proven to be false – and you discovered that the information was there all the time but you hadn’t considered anything outside one point of view? That may have been because of confirmation bias.
In today’s episode, Bill and Megan discuss:
- what confirmation bias is and how it can fool us
- confirmation bias in today’s society, such as social media, politics, and others
- how it is used in high conflict court cases
- how to avoid getting fooled by confirmation bias with allegations of abuse
- how to avoid getting fooled by a high conflict person
Links & Other Notes
Our website: https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/
All of our books can be found in our online store or anywhere books are sold, including as e-books.
You can also find these show notes at our site as well.
Note: We are not diagnosing anyone in our discussions, merely discussing patterns of behavior.
Each week, Bill Eddy and Megan Hunter will be exploring the five types of people who can ruin your life — people with high conflict personalities — and how they weave themselves into our lives in romance, at work, next door, at school, places of worship, and just about everywhere, causing chaos, exhaustion, and dread for everyone else.