CATFA 032: Is This Where I Talk About the Cheese?
In this minute of Joe Johnston’s 2011 film ‘Captain America: The First Avenger,’ Peggy and Steve enter the antique shoppe... if that’s really what it is. Turns out it’s the secret lab and they enter, only to find everyone staring at them.
Minute Thirty-Two: From an Antique Entrance to a Secret Lab Entrance
Joining us on the show today, we’re joined by Matthew Costello, author of ‘Secret Identity Crisis: Comic Books and the Unmasking of Cold War America’.
In the thirty-second minute of Joe Johnston’s 2011 film Captain America: The First Avenger…
Is it an antique shop? Or shoppe? Or something else? How do they remember the secret conversational code? We certainly get a laugh out of the original scripted version. It’s very much a journey from the past to the future. There’s the antique shop owner as played by Amanda Walker, who we love. She’s also got a secret button and a tommy gun. What do we think of that greenish medical look? How much does the SRR actually own on this block? But why Brooklyn and not an Army Base?
Time for a secret army base. Tune in!
Join the conversation with movie lovers from around the world on The Next Reel’s Discord channel!
- Watch this film: iTunes • Amazon • Netflix • YouTube • Disney+
- Join the conversation on Discord
- Trailer #1
- Trailer #2
- Poster artwork
- Original Material
- Season 5 Show Art by Winston Yabo. Find him on Instagram
- Season 5 Music: “Spread the News” by Anthony Vega. Find him on Instagram
- Matthew’s book “Secret Identity Crisis: Comic Books and the Unmasking of Cold War America” on Biblio and on Amazon