CATFA 106: Going Into the Melty Zone
Minute 106: From A Red Skull Dissolved to No Safe Landing
Joining us, it’s Heidi Bennett from Vibrant Visionaries!
In the one hundred sixth minute of Joe Johnston’s 2011 film Captain America: The First Avenger…
It’s the end of Red Skull! We talk about his faulty logic leading him to pick up the Tesseract, the Bifrost-looking hole in the sky above him, and the blue beam that was everywhere in film around this time. We also chat about Hugo Weaving and our thoughts on him in this role.
Then we get into the Tesseract and it’s apparent new abilities to dissolve through floors. How far is it going to go? Is there a sentient element to it? Was it just really hot? So many questions…
As for Steve and his decision to pilot the plane to avoid New York, well… we have questions here too but are going to save most for tomorrow.
We spend a lot of time struggling through this minute, but it makes for a fantastic conversation. Tune in!
Join the conversation with movie lovers from around the world on The Next Reel’s Discord channel!
- Watch this film: iTunes • Amazon • Netflix • YouTube • Disney+
- Join the conversation on Discord
- Trailer #1
- Trailer #2
- Poster artwork
- Original Material
- Season 5 Show Art by Winston Yabo. Find him on Instagram
- Season 5 Music: “Spread the News” by Anthony Vega. Find him on Instagram
- Vibrant Visionaries on the Web, Instagram, and YouTube
- Vibrant Visionaries LinkTree