CATFA 109: Dancing With the Ewoks
In this minute of Joe Johnston’s 2011 film ‘Captain America: The First Avenger,’ Agent Carter and Colonel Phillips react to the radio silence, realizing what Steve did for the world. The Valkyrie sinks into the ice. People in England celebrate VE-Day.
Minute 109: From Sacrifice to Celebration
Joining us, it’s Heidi Bennett from Vibrant Visionaries!
In the one hundred ninth minute of Joe Johnston’s 2011 film Captain America: The First Avenger…
Peggy’s sad. Even Colonel Phillips is sad. And that’s it for Steve in the 40s, because he’s in the ice now getting ready for 2012. We like what Hayley Atwell brings to the part. We also talk about some of our favorite tragic romance films.
Then we get to shift gears and talk about V-E Day and Trafalgar Square. Quite a shift, but it was important for the film to show us the end of the war. So we enjoy what they’re bringing for us. Plus, we like that we’re sticking with only Britain at this point.
It’s a sad minute for Peggy, but a great one for the film. Tune in!
Join the conversation with movie lovers from around the world on The Next Reel’s Discord channel!
- Watch this film: iTunes • Amazon • Netflix • YouTube • Disney+
- Join the conversation on Discord
- Trailer #1
- Trailer #2
- Poster artwork
- Original Material
- Season 5 Show Art by Winston Yabo. Find him on Instagram
- Season 5 Music: “Spread the News” by Anthony Vega. Find him on Instagram
- Vibrant Visionaries on the Web, Instagram, and YouTube
- Vibrant Visionaries LinkTree