Thor 091: Where Were Agent Coulson & His Agents During the Battle?
In this minute of Kenneth Branagh’s 2011 film ‘Thor,’ Agent Coulson and Thor make peace, Thor takes Jane to see his bridge, and Loki brings Laufey and his soldiers into Asgard to kill Odin. Meanwhile, Heimdall screams away in his icy coffin. Colin M. Parker and James Anderson from the Timeline Scavengers podcast join us this week.
Minute Ninety-One: From Coulson’s Cheeky Check-In to Heimdall’s Icy Struggle
Joining us to discuss Thor, Jane, Agent Coulson, Loki, Laufey, Heimdall, and more are James Anderson and Colin M. Parker from the Timeline Scavengers podcast!
In the ninety-first minute of Kenneth Branagh’s 2011 film Thor…
- It’s Agent Coulson! And not just any Agent Coulson, but the one we’ve really grown to love. His dialogue here seems spot-on perfect for how Coulson should act. We love this guy!
- And how funny is it that he calls after Thor and Jane as they fly off! So perfect.
- The taken/stolen/borrowed bit cracks us all up.
- The way Thor speaks to Coulson feels very… formal. Is this some official pact that Thor is making with a Midgardian representative on behalf of Asgard?
- Sadly, this is a picture wrap on Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson for this film. But he’ll be back in a few seasons!
Thor flies off with Jane.
- We compare him asking Jane if she’d like him to show her the bridge to someone asking the pretty girl if she’d like to see his room. Very funny.
- We all agree that Natalie’s/Jane’s reaction to Chris/Thor pulling her in close is perfect, and likely the same reaction we’d all give.
- Any chance that they had a chance to check on Agents Cale and Garrett who theoretically are still on the top of the library?
Back in Asgard, Loki’s up to no good.
- Turns out, he’s brought King Laufey and three other Jotuns here so they can kill Odin.
- But why do they walk so slowly as they leave the Observatory?
- If any Asgardian happened to look out, would they see Loki, Laufey, and the Jotuns out for a casual stroll? Or is Loki magically concealing them?
- And why does Laufey leave two sentries to stand guard with the frozen Heimdall?
It’s a busy minute as the climactic act three kicks into high gear, and James and Colin are here for all of it. Tune in!
Join the conversation with movie lovers from around the world on The Next Reel’s Discord channel!