Thor 092: How Long Has Thor Been Calling for Heimdall?
In this minute of Kenneth Branagh’s 2011 film ‘Thor,’ the Pinzgauer arrives with Thor’s and Jane’s friends. Thor calls for Heimdall to no effect until Heimdall screams his way out of the ice, kills some frost giants, and starts up the Observatory to open Bifrost for those on Midgard. They get ready and Thor pulls Jane in to say goodbye. James Anderson and Colin M. Parker, hosts of the Timeline Scavengers podcast, join us all week!
Minute Ninety-Two: From a Pinzgauer Ride to a Final Squeeze
Joining us this week to discuss the the impending trip through Bifrost are James Anderson and Colin M. Parker, hosts of the Timeline Scavengers podcast.
In the ninety-second minute of Kenneth Branagh’s 2011 film Thor…
- The Pinzgauer arrives at Bifrost Junction with Darcy, Erik, Sif, Hogun the Grim, Fandral, and Volstagg. It looks like Volstagg rides on the top. Is he the only one?
- Did they tell Volstagg he has to ride on top or was that his request?
- Has Thor been standing here at the Bifrost Junction calling for Heimdall this whole time?
- Perhaps there was a bit of a ‘Can You Read My Mind’ Superman moment where Thor flew Jane to Hawaii quickly?
- Why didn’t Thor and Jane say goodbye while they were alone here?
- There are the remnants of the SHIELD vehicles here. Where are the agents? Are they all walking back toward the SHIELD Crater Base?
- It’s kinda funny how Thor keeps calling for Heimdall. It’s like a kid trying to get his parent’s attention.
- Is there a small part of Jane that starts doubting Thor again as he stands in the desert calling some stranger’s name to the sky?
- We pine for all those minutes of Thor’s Asgardian friends that we just won’t get.
- Are the Warriors Three different facets of Thor’s personality? Perhaps they’re only figments of his imagination?
We talk more about Heimdall’s magical senses.
- Andy forgets that Heimdall has great hearing on top of his great sight.
- We discuss if his skills relate to his role or are just part of him and how it played out in the comics.
- We feel like we come up with a solution that works for us.
- It’s clear regardless that Marvel has found ways to fit everyone together.
- We ponder if these skills actually belong to the character or… perhaps to Idri Elba himself?
- So how is Heimdall breathing while encased in ice?
- And is he just flexing or breathing hot air to soften the ice up?
- We love that we can see his icy footsteps into the Himinbjorg.
- And he gets things started up. Sure doesn’t look like he’s holding up very well.
Back on Midgard…
- Again, why didn’t Thor get his goodbyes done while he and Jane were alone?
- And again, why such big atmospheric disturbances here on Midgard?
It’s a great time to celebrate Heimdall breaking out of the ice and James Anderson and Colin M. Parker, hosts of the Timeline Scavengers podcast, are here for it. Tune in!
Join the conversation with movie lovers from around the world on The Next Reel’s Discord channel!