Thor 093: Is This the Best Kiss in the MCU?
In this minute of Kenneth Branagh’s 2011 film ‘Thor,’ Thor and Jane say goodbye with several kisses and the Jotuns enter Odin’s chambers. James Anderson and Colin M. Parker, hosts of the Timeline Scavengers podcast, join us!
Minute Ninety-Three: From Dutch Kisses to Jotun Entrances
Joining us to discuss Thor’s and Jane’s final kiss and Frigga’s defensive stance are James Anderson and Colin M. Parker, hosts of the Timeline Scavengers podcast.
In the ninety-third minute of Kenneth Branagh’s 2011 film Thor…
- Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman are the perfect height for a romantic dutch angle kiss. It’s just perfect here.
- We discuss the romance and chemistry between these two actors. It’s interesting that people approach this pair differently.
- Thor kisses Jane’s hand. Jane full-on kisses him. It’s a fantastic kiss. There’s some serious passion here.
- And who wouldn’t get in on that if they were that close to either of these two?
- The scripted kiss came from Thor after kissing Jane’s hand. We’re so happy they give the agency to Jane to kiss Thor after that kiss on her hand.
- We wish more of the MCU had this level of romance.
- Is this Chris Hemsworth’s first on-screen feature film kiss?
- Bifrost comes down and sucks everyone up into space. So… were they just standing there watching Thor and Jane this whole time?
- We again ponder the look of all the trips through the Bifrost. We really feel it’s more storytelling shorthand though, just like Rhodey learning to fly in the War Machine suit.
- How did Thor see Heimdall needed medical attention so quickly?
- Thor takes off to fly toward Valaskjalf.
Meanwhile, in Odin’s Chambers
- Frigga pulls Odin’s sword out of the holster built into his bed stand. Is that a thing?
- That being said, Frigga seems ready to wield a weapon.
- Does the golden glow around Odin keep us from hearing his snoring?
- The doors are icing up. The frost giants are close. When did Loki slip away from them?
- Do frost giants freeze everything they touch or do they freeze the door because they need to break it open?
- Are frost giants weaker when on a warmer planet like Asgard?
From Midgard to Asgard, from goodbyes to hellos, it’s a busy day. James Anderson and Colin M. Parker, hosts of the Timeline Scavengers podcast, are here for all of it. Tune in!
Join the conversation with movie lovers from around the world on The Next Reel’s Discord channel!