Thor 112: How Many VFX Companies Does It Take to Screw in a Lightbulb?
In this minute of Kenneth Branagh’s 2011 film ‘Thor,’ we continue our march through the credits, now very grateful that the Foo Fighters song finally came to an end. We talk about VFX companies, 3D conversions, and more. Tune in!
Minute One Hundred Twelve: From Creature TDs to Stereoscopic Artists
In the one hundred twelfth minute of Kenneth Branagh’s 2011 film Thor…
- We talk about how our appreciation for the film has grown after watching and exploring it this way.
- We also talk about some stand-out performances that really clicked for us.
- So many VFX artists. We continue talking about each of the FX companies and what they did on the film.
- We talk about Fuel VFX and the work they did.
- What is Luma Pictures and what do they bring to the party? (Hint: he’s big, he’s all metal, and he’s ready to destroy.)
- How about Evil Eye Pictures? Turns out they help with adding in crowds for Thor’s coronation.
- Then there’s Whiskeytree, who created most of the Asgard exteriors.
- And of course Stereo D, LLC, which did the post 3D conversion. Remember when that was a thing?
More names and titles in the darkness with Matthew and Andy. Tune in!
Join the conversation with movie lovers from around the world on The Next Reel’s Discord channel!