Thor 112: How Many VFX Companies Does It Take to Screw in a Lightbulb?
Minute One Hundred Twelve: From Creature TDs to Stereoscopic Artists
In the one hundred twelfth minute of Kenneth Branagh’s 2011 film Thor…
- We talk about how our appreciation for the film has grown after watching and exploring it this way.
- We also talk about some stand-out performances that really clicked for us.
- So many VFX artists. We continue talking about each of the FX companies and what they did on the film.
- We talk about Fuel VFX and the work they did.
- What is Luma Pictures and what do they bring to the party? (Hint: he’s big, he’s all metal, and he’s ready to destroy.)
- How about Evil Eye Pictures? Turns out they help with adding in crowds for Thor’s coronation.
- Then there’s Whiskeytree, who created most of the Asgard exteriors.
- And of course Stereo D, LLC, which did the post 3D conversion. Remember when that was a thing?
More names and titles in the darkness with Matthew and Andy. Tune in!
Join the conversation with movie lovers from around the world on The Next Reel’s Discord channel!