2022-04-02 • Saturday Matinée
Andy Nelson wishes you all a fine top of YOUR mornings in the big chair with Tommy Metz III and an about-time-finally return to our very own Ray DeLancey this week.
We remember Poitier, but only as an entry into a conversation about the “bizarre and terrible” Oscar ceremony as we pose the question: will the Oscars ever find a way to fix themselves? Ray has a great idea: Let Frank Dreben do it.
Eggers is heading North and has so. much. to. say about making movies with difficult people. Speaking of things that rhyme with “people”, our favorite clown is getting an “IT-quel” from HBOMax! Finally, if you haven’t seen the deleted scene from The Batman, check it out for Joker goodness.
The list this week? They didn’t understand the assignment. Much like our trio…
- 00:00 – Welcome to Saturday Matinée • 2022-04-02
- 01:13 – The Poitier Heard Round The World
- 01:48 – There was a slap too
- 06:42 – Eggers Northbound
- 10:04 – It-quel
- 13:14 – The Joker Batface Extended Scene
- 17:37 – Watchlist: Severence!
- 20:59 – Trailers!
- 34:38 – GAMES! The Horror Franchise Rabbit Hole
- 01:24:08 – The List! The Didn’t Understand The Assignment
- 01:31:38 – Coming Attractions