2022-09-10 • Saturday Matinée
Ocean Murff leads Kyle Olson and Tommy Metz on a ride through matinée morning moviedom with new trailers, a game of villains, and a list of movies to dine by!
But they start with the watchlist. On deck: Scooby Do, believe it or not. Turns out, there’s more to it than meets the eye. Tommy watched Elvis, which is apparently Luhrmantastic, but he’s really looking forward to Barbarian. Ocean has words about Day Shift, the vampire union movie. And they have some pretty darned good things to say about the latest season of The Umbrella Academy.
This week’s list is a celebration of movies to dine by. What’s that mean? Great question. Mostly it’s movies that make us hungry. Except Hook. They just eat paste in that movie.
- The Hobbit
- Mrs. Paker & The Vicious Circle
- The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover
- (00:00) – Welcome to Saturday Matinée • 2022-09-10
- (00:56) – What are you watching?
- (01:10) – Scooby what now?
- (04:14) – Elvis
- (06:39) – Barbarian
- (08:06) – Day Shift
- (11:22) – The Mystery Vampire Movie
- (14:00) – The Umbrella Academy S3
- (17:48) – The Queen
- (20:44) – Let’s Do Trailers!
- (21:31) – Trailer: Wendell & Wild
- (25:00) – Trailer: Tár
- (30:26) – Trailer: Amsterdam
- (36:40) – Bracket! The Disney Villian Game
- (01:09:28) – Lists! Movies to Dine By
- (01:25:31) – Coming Attractions