Eating Your ADHD with Dietitian Nicole DeMasi Malcher
How’s your relationship with food? Do any emotional eating lately? Feeling that magnetic pull to McDonalds? You think there might be any ADHD hidden in there knocking away at you? Nicole DeMasi Malcher is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and founder of eatingwithADHD.com, where she helps people with ADHD stop binge-eating and learn to have a healthier relationship with food and body image and she’s going to help us all out this week.
Along the way, we learn about the role of a dietitian in your life and how they can help you build a better relationship with food. She helps us understand our relationship with diet, intermittent fasting and food rules, and how we can move toward healthier relationships with food by embracing gentle nutrition and intuitive eating.
- 00:00 – Welcome to The ADHD Podcast
- 01:35 – Support the Show: Become a Patron!
- 02:44 – Introducing Nicole Dimasi Malcher
- 06:04 – What does a dietician do?
- 08:13 – Dealing with ADHD grief with food
- 12:35 – What is disordered eating?
- 17:27 – Intermittent fasting
- 20:18 – How about vegan? Vegetarian?
- 26:25 – Intuitive eating and food rules
- 32:17 – So… what about weight loss?
- 37:53 – Gentle nutrition
- 42:17 – Replacement thinking
- 47:26 – Listener Question: Picky Eaters and more