Flickchart Re-Ranking • January 2022
“You’re a big damn cheat. You’re a Cheater McCheat.”
New Year’s Resolution: Get Better at Rock-Paper-Scissors
We kick off 2022 with our first flickchart re-ranking for you, our wonderful members. What big changes are in store? Tune in to find out!
Here’s the list of our rankings in this month’s Flickchart Re-Ranking episode.
- Letters From Iwo Jima vs. Aliens
- The Maltese Falcon vs. Chronicle
- Seconds vs. My Favorite Year
- Misery vs. Chinese Puzzle
- The Bourne Legacy vs. A Star Is Born (2018)
- The Spy Who Came In From the Cold vs. The Asphalt Jungle
- Dunkirk vs. The Verdict
- The Omega Man vs. Robin Hood: Men in Tights
- The Hound of the Baskervilles vs. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home vs. Howl’s Moving Castle
- Fat City vs. The Hot Rock
- The Road Warrior vs. Duck, You Sucker!
- Stripes vs. Das Boot
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull vs. Real Genius
- The Exorcist vs. The African Queen
- Joe Versus the Volcano vs. Battle for the Planet of the Apes
- Our Time Will Come vs. The Emigrants
- Mad Max: Fury Road vs. Cujo
- Groundhog Day vs. Fight Club
- Harold & Maude vs. Aliens
Wanna look at our entire chart on Flickchart? Just click here to visit our Flickchart page! This is only available for members. Why not become a member so you can listen to it? We’d love it if you became a member to support our show, but you’d love it because of everything you get. We have monthly member bonus episodes that only members can access. You also get monthly Flickchart re-ranking episodes (like this!), access to members-only Discord channels, and early releases for every episode. We have a special episode we release at the end of each series called Retake during which we break down our overall thoughts of the entire season. Plus, you get to vote on the movies we discuss in our members only episodes! What can we say? It pays to be a member. Learn more about supporting The Next Reel film podcast through your own membership — visit TruStory FM.
A show about movies and how they connect.
When the movie ends, our conversation begins.
We love movies. We've been talking about them, one movie a week, since 2011. It's a lot of movies, that's true, but we're passionate about origins and performance, directors and actors, themes and genres, and so much more. So join the community and let's hear about your favorite movies, too.