September 16th is World PLAY-DOH Day and we can’t think of a better time than a global pandemic to celebrate a product that brings joy to kids and is truly timeless.
PLAY-DOH and their partner Save The Children have launched a back to school effort called Cans of Kindness that involves a corporate donation of 1 million cans of PLAY-DOH to Save the Children to help kids, parents, and teachers around the globe. The campaign is also rewarding a lucky teacher with a year’s supply of PLAY-DOH based on nominations from social media.
In this episode of Cause Talk Radio Megan talks to Jennifer Kendra, Head of Cause Marketing & Partnership Development at Save the Children, and Aditi Raturi, Senior Global Brand Manager for PLAY-DOH about their partnership and how it had to adapt once COVID hit.
Links & Notes
- [PLAY-DOH on Instagram](https://www.instagram.com/playdoh)
- [PLAY-DOH on Facebook](https://www.facebook.com/playdoh)
- [Play-Doh Website](https://playdoh.hasbro.com)
- [Save the Children Website](https://savethechildren.org)
- [Save on Instagram](https://www.instagram.com/savethechildren)
- [Save on Facebook](https://www.facebook.com/savethechildren)
- (00:00) – Welcome to Cause Talk Radio
- (00:25) – Play Doh and Save with Save the Children
- (01:36) – Partnerships and Safe Spaces
- (02:54) – Cans of Kindness
- (05:22) – How do you use 1 million cans of Play Doh?
- (07:46) – The COVID Pivot
- (11:09) – World Play Doh Day
- (12:31) – Back-to-School
- (17:20) – Lessons Learned