Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Rosanne Ranta, associate marketing manager at snack bar maker, Larabar, about #ShareRealFood, a new cause marketing partnership supporting Feeding America.
With the help of The Real Girl’s Kitchen star Haylie Duff, Larabar kicked off the initiative with a $150,000 donation to Feeding America. Consumers can support the effort by donating or volunteering and sharing the activity online with a photo, video or a tweet with the hashtag #ShareRealFood.
On the show, Megan, Rosanne and Joe discuss:
- The history of Larabar. It started with a real person and founder, Lara! And the partnership with Feeding America stems from the company’s commitment to real food.
- Along with a donation, Larabar is asking consumers to start talking about hunger issues by using the hashtag, making a donation and/or volunteering at a food bank.
- Did Larabar ever consider rewarding positive consumer behavior with an additional donation to Feeding America?
- The social channels on which Larabar is promoting the campaign.
- How consumers are communicating with Larabar on the types of social initiatives they want the brand to be involved in.
Links & Notes
Cause Talk Radio: The Cause Marketing Podcast
Stay up to date on all things corporate social impact and purpose-focused marketing, including trends, tactics, and need-to-know news in this weekly podcast.