Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to James Mitchener, Marketing Manager at Waste Industries, about the Full Circle Project, a customer-driven fundraiser that to-date has donated nearly $1 million to charities.
On show, Megan, James and Joe discuss:
- How the Full Circle Project works. Customers get to choose which charities Waste Industries supports.
- How did Waste Industries educate customers about the program? It took some time to engage customers and convince them that Waste Industries was adding the donation to their bills!
- Focus of the program is on local charities and Waste Industries identifies charities within nine “need” areas (e. g. cancer, animal rescue, veterans, etc.).
- Waste Industries works with local nonprofits to communicate the success of the program. They’ll even prepare media releases for the nonprofit.
- How the waste industry is learning from James and his team on how to create win-win cause marketing programs.
- What has surprised James and his team most about the Full Circle Project?
- How does Waste Industries choose the charities? What’s their criteria?
- The impact of the program has been intergenerational. Millennials, Baby Boomers and everyone in between love the program.
Links & Notes
Cause Talk Radio: The Cause Marketing Podcast
Stay up to date on all things corporate social impact and purpose-focused marketing, including trends, tactics, and need-to-know news in this weekly podcast.