Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan, and Joe talk to George Khalaf, Executive Director, Empatico. Empatico is a $20 million initiative from The KIND Foundation, started by KIND Snacks, to broaden kids’ world views through meaningful interactions with peers across the globe. The free online learning tool will enable students to practice communication and leadership skills needed to succeed in a divided country and interdependent world.
On the show, Megan, George, and Joe discuss:
- The backstory on how Empatico got started.
- Why are you focusing on 3rd and 4th grade students?
- Is Empatico a nonprofit organization?
- Why did KIND choose to start an entirely new organization to connect kids across the globe? Is that a risky venture in your eyes?
- How did you come to be involved in Empatico?
- How involved is KIND with your day-to-day activities? Where does the KIND brand start and leave off when it comes to your mission?
- Are you already matching kids in classrooms around the globe?
- Will there be a time where non-english-speakers will be able to connect?
- How long do you have funding from KIND? What happens after that runs out? Is there a business model here?
- What have you learned so far that you can share with our listeners?
- What challenges have you encountered as you’re trying to roll out this new platform?
- What is your vision for the future of Empatico?
Links & Notes
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!