Today on Cause Talk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to James Frison, Director, Community Relations for Lowe’s, about Renovation Across the Nation, an annual $2.5 million initiative where Lowe’s gives a $50,000 grant and hands-on support from employee volunteers to one Boys & Girls Club in each of the 50 states to refurbish the facility. This year, customers joined in on the effort by donating at any Lowe’s store nationwide.
On the show, Megan, James, and Joe discuss:
- James updates us on how Lowe’s is aiding victims of Hurricane Harvey.
- How Lowe’s got started with Renovation Across the Nation.
- The in-store checkout charity program Lowe’s has launched in its stores to involve Lowe’s customers.
- Why Lowe’s decided to expand its relationship with Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
- How Lowe’s is picking the club it plans to support in each state.
- How much Lowe’s has raised with its in-store fundraiser in the first three weeks of the program.
- How employees are engaged in the program.
- Where Lowe’s partnership with BGCA fits in its larger CSR goals.
- What lessons Lowe’s has learned during the course of the program.
- How Lowe’s is educating employees to talk about the partnership at the register.
- The ideal amount of time for a checkout fundraiser. Is four weeks best?
- How Lowe’s is measuring the success of the program.
Links & Notes