Creating Visible Impact For An Invisible Problem
In partnership with the Nationwide Foundation, Nationwide Children’s Hospital and On Our Sleeves – the movement for children’s mental health – surveyed over 5,000 working adults across the county and found that children’s mental health has a significant and direct impact on corporate success. Over 50% of parents miss a day of work a month due to their children’s mental health.
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Amanda Dove, Director of Social Impact and Corporate Philanthropy at On Our Sleeves & Nationwide Children’s Hospital. The duo talks about how the nonprofit addresses the youth mental health crisis and builds impactful and purposeful experiences for their corporate partners. Nationwide and On Our Sleeves has a variety of partnerships with companies such as Nationwide, JOANN, Kendra Scott, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams and Big Lots, including the Big Lots Behavioral Health Pavilion and Big Lots Behavioral Health services which were named in honor of the transformational $50 million gift from Big Lots and its Foundation.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- How Nationwide Children’s Hospital and On Our Sleeves engage their partners’ unique customer audiences
- How one partner said “no” before saying “yes”
- The importance of data and building a business case
- How they provide engaging points of impact while staying true to their mission
- Their customized approach to building campaigns
- How they navigate the challenges of youth mental health
- The best piece of advice Amanda has ever received related to building impactful corporate partnerships
This episode is brought to you by Nationwide Children’s Hospital and On Our Sleeves.
Links & Notes
- On Our Sleeves Website
- On Our Sleeves Instagram
- On Our Sleeves Bloom
- Season 11, Ep15: Breaking The Stigma Surrounding Children’s Mental Health
Elevate Your Social Impact
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!