In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by incredible question asker and bold conversation champion Carley Stephens – the Community Affairs Manager at Gas South. Carley has experience on both the corporate and the nonprofit sides of social impact and uses that experience to lead Gas South’s corporate citizenship which includes philanthropic giving and employee community engagement.
As you might have guessed, Carley is a firm believer in the importance of having bold conversations with your partners, building trust and credibility internally and externally, and asking a variety of questions to discern the best way to move forward. She’s about to be recognized as a Top Practitioner in the Leaders in Corporate Citizenship Awards in her home city of Atlanta and she’s joining us as a speaker at EFG2022 our annual conference, also in Atlanta, in May.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- How to have bold conversations with your partners
- Why the onus is on companies to champion these bold conversations
- How Carley transformed her role from "check presenter" to setting company strategy
- What she’ll be talking about at EFG2022
- The importance of meeting people where they are
- Three great resources to help you rethink and approach your work with empathy and compassion
One of Alli’s favorite quotes from this conversation is… "a bunch of magic waiting to happen." What is Carley referring to? Well, you’ll have to listen in to find out!
This episode is brought to you by Gas South.
Links & Notes
- Brené Brown’s Feedback Checklist
- Brené Brown
- Think Again by Adam Grant
- Carley Stephens on LinkedIn
- Gas South
- Gas South on Facebook
- Gas South on LinkedIn
- Gas South on Twitter
- Gas South: A “Fuel for Good”
Elevate Your Social Impact
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!