Transformative Travel With Away & Global Glimpse
When was the last time you traveled? Whether it was an international trip or something closer to home, I’m guessing you learned something from the experience. As Ralph Crawshaw said, “Travel has a way of stretching the mind.”
In this episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Eliza Pesuit, Founding Executive Director of Global Glimpse, and Kelsey Todd, Senior Manager of Social Impact at Away.
Away is a Global lifestyle brand on a mission to transform travel. The brand has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.”
The nonprofit Global Glimpse empowers U.S. high school students from diverse backgrounds to think and act as responsible global citizens by providing them with transformative international travel experiences and virtual global learning programs.
The partners are working together to unlock the transformative powers of travel for the next generation by providing diverse youth with opportunities to expand their horizons and learn from communities and cultures different from their own, both at home and around the world. The campaign includes financial support, in-kind donations, consumer engagement, and various ways for employees to get involved.
Eliza and Kelsey are authentic, tell it like it is, and aren’t afraid of having honest conversations with their partners.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- How they developed a robust, multi-year partnership
- How their partnership has evolved and what they’ve learned along the way
- What impact this partnership has had on Away’s business
- Why experiences like these are crucial for youth
- Their advice for corporate social impact pros
- The importance of relationships and open conversations
- The importance of asking questions like “How do we support you?” and “Is this helpful to you?”
Links & Notes
Elevate Your Social Impact
- Sign up for Engage for Good’s newsletter
- Check out past Cause Talk Radio episodes
- Access free resources
- Check out our monthly webinars
- Let Alli know what you think of the show!
- 00:00 – Welcome to Engage for Good
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!