How Walgreens & Vitamin Angels Are Changing Lives Everywhere
More than 300 million women and children worldwide have received life-changing vitamins and minerals through Walgreen and Vitamin Angel’s 8-year partnership.
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Lauren Stone, Director of CSR at Walgreens, and Katelyn Harbison Associate Director of Global Partnerships at Vitamin Angels.
The trio talks about their 8-year partnership, the prenatal vitamin pilot program they recently launched in 16 Walgreens stores across Chicago, and the importance of the work they’re doing in the public health space.
In today’s episode, we’ll cover:
- How their partnership began and why it’s an inspiration for those of you just getting started
- Walgreens’ commitment to DEI and their broader corporate social responsibility work
- Lauren & Katelyn’s advice for building robust, multi-year partnerships
- How the duo has evolved their campaigns over time
- Their top tips for developing impactful initiatives
- Why big numbers like reaching 500 million women and children are great, but individual stories are needed too
- The importance of evolution, adaptation, communication and building internal champions
Links & Notes
- Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Walgreens Corporate Responsibility
- Vitamin Angels
- Vitamin Angels & Walgreens Halo Award
Elevate Your Social Impact
- Join 500+ of your corporate social impact peers at EFG2022 in Atlanta this May
- Sign up for Engage for Good’s newsletter
- Check out past Cause Talk Radio episodes
- Access free resources
- Check out our monthly webinars
- Let Alli know what you think of the show!
- 00:00 – Welcome to Engage for Good
- 01:30 – Introducing Katelyn Harbison and Lauren Stone
- 02:58 – VA’s Service
- 04:35 – The Walgreens Commitment
- 05:54 – The Walgreens VA Partnership
- 10:10 – Business Benefits
- 12:21 – The Pilot for 2022
- 14:47 – Lessons Learned
- 22:27 – Our Favorite Things!
- 25:17 – Learn More
Your resource for all things corporate social impact, CSR, and brand purpose.
Join Alli Murphy as she interviews top corporate leaders, nonprofit pros, and people who help them advance their careers and organizations. You’ll be inspired by the strategies change-makers follow to build win-win partnerships and campaigns and their actionable advice for advancing your career and developing your social impact team. Subscribe now to learn from the best and get ideas you can implement today!