CATFA 046: Roeder Marks and Schneider Piles
Minute Forty-Six: From Berlin on the Map to Steve’s Blood Draw
Joining us on the show today and the rest of the week, it’s Jessica Plummer, author of Sword, Stone and Table as well as the host of Flights and Tights: A Superman Movie Podcast.
In the forty-sixth minute of Joe Johnston’s 2011 film Captain America: The First Avenger…
We talk about Hutter’s, Schneider’s and Roeder’s expectations for this trip and what Schmidt planned from the start. We also talk about the Tesseract cannon that Schmidt uses on them and what it’s actually doing to them. Plus, we discuss what it leaves behind. From there, we move into a conversation about the Hydra salute and the Hydra comic origins. We debate if the outfits should’ve remained green and goofy like they are in the comics and draw a connection between their salute and Muppets Most Wanted. There’s some discussion about Dr. Zola’s reaction and where he stands with this whole Hydra thing. And we end the conversation returning to the SSR Base where Steve’s sullenly giving blood.
Schmidt’s kicking Hydra into high gear and we’re here for it. Tune in!
Join the conversation with movie lovers from around the world on The Next Reel’s Discord channel!
- Watch this film: iTunes • Amazon • Netflix • YouTube • Disney+
- Join the conversation on Discord
- Trailer #1
- Trailer #2
- Poster artwork
- Original Material
- Season 5 Show Art by Winston Yabo. Find him on Instagram
- Season 5 Music: “Spread the News” by Anthony Vega. Find him on Instagram
- Jessica on Twitter, Instagram, and BookRiot
- Sword, Stone and Table on Amazon and Bookshop
- Flights and Tights: A Superman Movie Podcast