Subscribe to The Next Reel in Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or anywhere else you find your favorite podcasts!
Support The Next Reel Family of Film Podcasts • Learn More or Subscribe Now: One-Reeler $1/mo or Two-Reeler $5/mo
2022-11-12 • Saturday Matinée
Pete Wright heads up Kyle Olson and Tommy Metz for a chat through Saturdays and Matinées, the works of William Gibson, kitcheny and mystery trailers, The Diabolical, and lists of movies we’ll never watch again.
Andor is over and Kyle has things to say, like, we’re still trying to convince Tommy that he should actually watch it. In the mean time, Tommy has been watching Barbarian and is both completely convinced that the script was unsalable to studios while also being a fantastic finished film. Pete waxes lovingly about William Gibson’s work as a lead-in to a conversation on Amazon’s adaptation of The Peripheral, which is, so far, so good.
We’ve got a game of The Diabolical that has the gents doing… accents(?). But first up, Trailers!
- Tommy’s Trailer: 1-800-HOT-NITE
- Kyle’s Trailer: Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
- Pete’s Trailer: High Heat
Movies we’ve seen once and will never watch again.
- Marley & Me
- Uncut Gems
- (00:00) – Welcome to Saturday Matinée • 2022-11-12
- (00:46) – The Watchlist
- (00:52) – We’re still watching AND LOVING Andor
- (05:56) – Barbarian
- (08:36) – The Peripheral
- (15:28) – Let’s Do Trailers
- (15:42) – 1-800-HOT-NITE
- (21:18) – Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
- (28:08) – High Heat
- (34:58) – The Diabolical
- (01:06:14) – The List: Movies you’ve seen once but will never see again.
- (01:22:14) – Coming Attractions: Scenes of Hope